Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review on '3' (Moonu)

The current issue that is being posted and discussed almost every minute in my Facebook newsfeed is all about the movie ‘3’ (Moonu).



I thought I can watch the movie later, yet the temptation to see what the movie is all about won and I watched it last night.

According to my Facebook friends’ postings, I receive mixed reaction. Some say the performances of both actors are awesome. Some say it’s a waste of money and time watching this movie.

So I wanted to find out for myself what the hype is all about.

The opening itself was different, not always you get this type of opening. I think that’s a plus point (in my case anyway) because of the out of the box scene. It piqued my interest on what’s actually going to happen and how is the movie going move from that point.

In my point of view, the first half is a very nice smooth flowing session. Most people in love will really embrace it. I personally enjoyed it as an entertainment. The songs were good too. Now that’s an undeniable fact.

The second half was totally beyond my expectations. I seriously loved the second half. I feel this is the part of the movie both actors managed to show their best skills in acting. Hats off to Dhanush and Shruti Hassan. But the disappointing point was the Poo Nee Poo song sequence. I find it not relevant. Why This Kolaveri Di was something like I imagined, so I was satisfied with the song sequence.

Overall, I believe it’s a movie worth watching. In this ever evolving era let’s just stop hoping for the common masala movies! This movie is a refreshing one, compared to the usual boring movies we get nowadays. It’s has a very different plot and it’s really an entertaining movie for people like me.

Overall rating: A

No comments: