Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mug Cakes

I was blog walking yesterday and stumbled upon a post in a blog about mug cakes. It captured my interest. Since I was too bored, so I planned to try the recipe out.

The initial recipe that I got hold of was of Chocolate Mug Cake and it required egg, and since my mum is not at home, my fridge is practically EMPTY. I had to ask my dad to buy egg for me. So while waiting for my dad I decided to try Vanilla Mug Cake.

I got the recipe from a website. What you need is:

Coffee Mug
Microwave
Flour - 6 Tbs
Sugar - 2 Tbs
Baking Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - 1/8 Tsp
Milk - 4 Tbs
Oil - 1 Tbs
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 Tsp


The methods:
First mix all the dry ingredients in the mug.
Then add the other ingredients and mix them well with a fork.

This is how it looks like after mixing all the ingredients.

Next, put the mug into the microwave oven for 3 minutes.
Its optional to add a topping. For mine, I added broken chocolate bars on top of the cake right after I took it out from the microwave.


The broken chocolate bars.

After adding the chocolate.

Wait for a few minutes after adding the chocolate. Then spread the chocolate on top of the cake and let it cool down. Now its ready to eat.



This was the end result.

Okay, it looks tasty right. It was tasty but some improvements can still be done. I realised, in this recipe, the flour amount is too much. Next time I should reduce the amount of the flour. And I should also add a bit more sugar.

And after eating this cake, I was kind of lazy to do the chocolate version. So I decided I will do it some other time.

Anyway you guys can try it out and let me know how it tastes.
Good Luck! =)

No comments: