Sunday, September 16, 2012

Scotch Egg & Mashed Potato

Here I am after a long break….

I was browsing one of my friends photos and came across a dish; Scotch Egg. I was interested to do it, so I asked my friend for the recipe and also Google-ed it. Well it’s a very simple dish actually.

I made it for breakfast/lunch today with mashed potato.  I modified the recipe according to my preference.

So first the recipe for Mashed Potato:
4 potatos (skinned and boiled)
A Pinch of salt
Pepper for taste
Shredded cheese
4 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of butter

First smash the potatos, then all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Tada!!!! Mashed potato ready… =)

Now recipe for Scotch Egg:
6 eggs
250gm minced chicken
1 onion (chopped finely)
Salt & pepper for taste
50gm all-purpose seasoned flour
Butter

First boil the egg and peel the shell. In another bowl, mix the minced chicken, chopped onion, flour, salt and pepper thoroughly. Next take the mixed chicken meat and make a cup like shape on your palm so that the hard-boiled egg fit in. Cover the egg fully with it. Then heat a pan with little bit butter and pan grill the egg till the meat is well cooked. Once done cut the egg in half, and Scotch is ready to be served.

Original recipe is to use minced pork or turkey meat, but I prefer using chicken meat. The cooking method is either to bake or deep fry it. I don’t have an oven and I don’t like deep frying, hence I pan grilled it.

I made these for Shirley and Saranya. Both monkeys said it tasted good. I hope it’s true. Personally I love the taste and I enjoyed it, but there is always room for improvement. Heheheheheheheheh…

This is the outcome... =)

No comments: